The Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday that the suicide bomber responsible for the bombing at a wedding in the Turkish city Gaziantep, which caused at least 51 dead, had between 12 and 14 years.

isis

“The explosion resulted from suicide bomber aged between 12 and 14 years or detonated [the bomb] or detonated by others,” Erdogan said at a press conference in Istanbul.

The Turkish President reiterated the previously advanced information that the attack will have been perpetrated by a jihadist group that calls itself the Islamic State (also known by the acronym Daesh).

Erdogan told reporters that the balance of the number of dead in the attack rose to 51, one more than the data previously advanced by the governor of Gaziantep.

In total, 94 people were injured in the attack, including the bride and groom, who survived.

“Wherever you this terror comes, it does not change us. As a nation, we will use all our strength, united, shoulder to shoulder, to fight against terrorism as we did on July 15,” said Erdogan, referring to the recent attempted coup in Turkey.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here